When Is the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (OEP)?
What Can I Do During Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment?
If you have Medicare Advantage, you can make changes to your plan each year between January 1 to March 31.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment is only available if you currently have a Medicare Advantage plan.
During Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment, you can make any of these changes:
- Switch to a different Medicare Advantage plan
- Switch from Medicare Advantage back to Original Medicare (Part A and Part B)
- Enroll in a Medicare Prescription Drug plan (Part D), if you return to Original Medicare (Part A and Part B)
What Is Not Allowed During Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment?
However, there are some things you cannot change during Medicare Advantage Open enrollment. The following changes are only available during the Annual Enrollment Period from October 15 to December 7:
- Join Medicare Advantage from Original Medicare
- Enroll in a Medicare Prescription Drug plan (Part D)
- Switch to a different Medicare Prescription Drug plan
There are other times you can enroll and make changes to Medicare. Here are some other times you can change your plan:
- Initial Enrollment Period (IEP)
- Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)
- Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
- General Enrollment Period (GEP)
Where Can I Buy a Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage Plan?
AARDY is the nation's fastest Medicare insurance marketplace. You can compare Medicare supplements and Medicare Advantage plans to find the one that best fits your needs.